Want to be a part of the Guidelines team?
We're always on the look out for talented new team members.
UNIQUE INTERIOR DESIGN JOB OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE!
Advertising agency for new home builders seeks experienced Interior Designer.
Guidelines Advertising has been in business for over 40 years and works with some of the most successful new home and condominium developers in the GTA. We are currently looking for an intermediate level interior designer to join our creative design team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Our new designer will work in the interior design department of our agency, designing sales offices and decorating/staging model homes.
The individual we hire for this position must be capable of taking a project from conceptualization to the finished environment with minimal guidance and supervision. Our new designer possesses strong visualization skills and has a comprehensive understanding of current design trends and styles. You will be working closely with staff from other departments, clients and support workers so a flexible, adaptable communication style and strong interpersonal skills are essential. Additionally, the ability to work well under pressure and be receptive to feedback is also required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparing space plans, reflected ceiling plans, finishing plans and millwork drawings
- Preparing concept boards
- Sourcing and preparing tear sheets for interior renderings
- Meeting with clients and participating in client presentations
- Conducting on-site visits, acting as a liaison between suppliers, trades and site foremen
- Calculating and maintaining project budgets
- Designing and staging model homes and sales offices
- Sourcing and obtaining quotes from suppliers
- Purchasing/scheduling installations of furniture and accessories
What you bring to the table:
- Interior design degree
- 3 years residential/commercial experience
- Proficient in Illustrator and AutoCAD
- Self-sufficient and proactive with a “Can Do” attitude
- Highly organized with a strong eye for detail
- Exceptional communicator and negotiator
- Highly proficient in the English language
What we can offer in return:
- Permanent, full-time employment
- Competitive salary (based on skill and experience level)
- Annual bonus (discretionary)
- Optional enrolment into group health plan, as well as paid sick time
- 2 weeks vacation to start
- Gained experience working for a leader in the real estate advertising/marketing industry
- Growth opportunities
- Convenient midtown location – steps away from Eglinton West Subway station and the Allen Road
- Mileage reimbursement when driving for company business
- Cell phone provided
Car required - must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
Salary of $48,000.00 - $58,000.00 (based on experience and skill level).
How to Apply:
Please send resume and samples of work (or link to online portfolio) to: email@example.com.
Please Note: Guidelines Advertising Inc welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If contacted for an interview, please let us know how we can accommodate you.