Want to be a part of the Guidelines team?
We're always on the look out for talented new team members.
Interior Designer for Model Show Homes & New Home Sales Offices
Guidelines Advertising has been in business for over 40 years and works with some of the most successful new home and condominium developers in the GTA. We are currently looking for an experienced intermediate Interior Designer for a full-time, permanent position.
Our new designer will work in the interior design department of our agency, designing sales offices and decorating/staging model homes.
The individual we hire for this position must be able to take a project from conceptualization to the finished environment with minimal supervision, have strong visualization skills and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. You will be working closely with staff from other departments, clients and support workers so adaptability, flexibility and strong interpersonal/communication skills are essential. As well, the ability to work well under pressure and be receptive to feedback is also required.
- Preparing space plans, reflected ceiling plans, finishing plans and millwork drawings
- Preparing concept boards
- Meeting with clients and participating in client presentations
- Conducting on-site visits, acting as a liaison between suppliers, trades and site foremen
- Formulating and maintaining project budgets
- Designing and staging of model homes and sales offices
- Sourcing and obtaining quotes from suppliers
- Purchasing/scheduling installations of furniture and accessories
- Setting up/staging sales offices and model homes
- Interior Design Degree
- 5 years residential/commercial experience
- Proficient in Illustrator and AutoCAD
- Self-sufficient and proactive with a “Can Do” attitude
- Patient, resilient and tenacious
- Highly organized with a strong eye for detail
- Exceptional communicator and negotiator
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- Car required - must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
What we can offer in return:
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Competitive salary (based on skill and experience level)
- Annual bonus
- Health and dental benefits, as well as paid sick time
- 2 weeks’ vacation to start
- Gaining experience working for a leader in the real estate advertising/marketing industry
- Growth opportunities
- Convenient midtown location – steps away from Eglinton West Subway station and the Allen Road
- Mileage reimbursed when driving on company business
- Cell phone provided
Salary of $55,000.00 (based on skill and experience level)
If you meet the requirements, please email your resume and a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants that meet the job requirements will be considered.